Saturday, February 28, 2009

Biomechanic Babe

To run a marathon in my old thinly worn shoes would mean sentencing my feet to a bloody stubby future. Nasty shredded nuggets. A price I was not willing to pay. New shoes would cost money. Another price I was not willing to pay. I dropped out of the marathon.

So Christa had a birthday suprise. Kelsey, Christa, Caden and I piled into the car. We pulled into a shopping center. Jamba Juice. hooray? Maggie Moos. ooh? "close your eyes." eyes closed. car stopped. "open them." The car was parked in front of Fleet Foot. "HUH?! new shoes!" "yes."

It was SO much fun. Austin and I hit it off immediatly. He took ten different feet measurements and gave me the bad news. My right foot is half a size bigger than my left. self esteem shattered. but whatever. whatever. I can handle it. Then he had me run barefoot on a tred mill. They had this video camera right behind the tredmill, zoomed onto my heels. Its creepy to have someone watch your feet so intensly. Austin told me that I had excellent biomechanics. My achilles heel hit the road like Hermes'. self esteem restored and pride boomed. I havent really stopped talking about my perfect biomechanics since. If you wanna watch my heels sometime, just let me know. we can work somthing out. So we tried on several shoes, looking for a pair that disappered on my feet. We found them. Asics. Heres a pic. It kinda looks like I jumped for the picture, but the shoes actually just lift me off the ground. Soaring is the new running. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you wonderful sisters for the perfect birthday present. You guys are the best.

3 comments:

  1. i laughed the whole blog...you are funny! amazing biomechanics! we LOVE you man! be a runner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm pretty sure you got MY biomechanics! So glad for a happy, happy birthday for you! Tons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone had diffent sized feet. Half a size difference between the left and right foot is about the norm. So your normal there, add in the biomechanics of a Greek god, and look out! You are a running machine!

    ReplyDelete